Thursday, October 16, 2008

All jammies all the time

Another DiPerna trait has emerged in Xander: the jammy trait. He wants to wear his pajamas all the time. He cries when I change his clothes in the morning. When he spies his pajamas in the evening, he brings them over to me to get changed. I was doing laundry the other day and was putting a pair of dirty pajamas into the washing machine and he started screaming because he wanted me to put them on him.

He wasn't feeling well last week, and after a day of fussing, when he "asked" to wear his pajamas before dinnertime, I put them on him. It only worked for a little while before he started fussing again but it was good while it lasted.

Other times, I have put his pajamas on over his day clothes, just the arms, and then snap them shut at the top. This is sometimes an acceptable compromise for both of us.

To be honest, I wouldn't care if he wore his pajamas all day (sometimes) except it's really hard to get his shoes on!

No comments: