Friday, January 8, 2010

But is he smarter than a cat?

(another potty post)
Xander prefers to use the little potty. For reasons that I probably don't need to get into, I prefer him to use the big potty. Now, the little potty is conveniently located in the living room, where he can stop playing, walk a few feet and use it. The bathroom, on the other hand, is at least 15 feet away.

I thought about moving the little potty into the bathroom next to the big potty. But then I thought about what I did when I moved the cats' litterbox in our condo. I was afraid they (and by "they" I meant "Chelsea") wouldn't be able find it if I moved it and would just do their business in the space where the litterbox used to be. So I moved it a few feet each day until I got it to the new location.

I'm wondering if I would need to use this tactic with my child.

No comments: