Friday, January 9, 2009

Terrible twos

I'm not really enjoying the terrible twos. Xander moved into them just before he turned two. It's a little new to me because Jessica didn't really have terrible twos. This is not selective memory; I remember thinking when she turned three, oh, the terrible twos weren't that terrible. Her terrible threes, however, were truly awful.

One of his "fun" new habits is this extreme independence. He doesn't want help with anything, like peeling the cover off a lollypop (which, of course, are eaten extremely seldomly in our house. Not.). He screams if you try to help him and then he screams because he can't get it off. There's no winning with him.

Then there's his language. I'm the typical Mommy interpreter, which is also new to me. Either because Jessica spoke earlier and more clearly or because I worked full-time when she was 2 so I didn't have the same exposure to her early language. He's talking a lot more these days, only even the Mommy interpreter can't understand a lot of it. And that frustrates us both to no end. I just want to be able to help him and he just wants to scream.

In summary--a lot of screaming.

Only 349 more days till he turns 3. I'm sure because his twos are terrible he'll let up a little when he turns 3, right? (If this is not true, I don't want to know about it).

No comments: