Friday, October 30, 2009

Sometimes I think Xander is on the Atkins diet. This kid loves meat and disdains carbs. Well, except for fry-fries and wheat fins (thins). I used to try to send him salami sandwiches for lunch and he would pick the salami off the bread and just eat the salami. So now I just tuck the salami into a tiny tupperware. This afternoon for lunch he had a drumstick. No potatoes.
* * *
Last week Xander came up to me. "I go to doctor."

"Why?" I asked. "Are you sick?"

"I coughing."

"I don't hear you coughing."

He then let out several very fake coughs.

I didn't take him to the doctor. Hypochondriac.
* * *
So, Xander is a bit like the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Sometimes when we're going to sleep, and I close my eyes, he'll say "Open your eyes, Mommy! I can't see you!"

No comments: