Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stinky man

Xander had his annual evaluation for the Early Intervention program last week. He qualified again for speech, but just barely, primarily because he was too shy to speak more than one word at once. I'm sure that if he'd spoken the way he really can speak, he wouldn't have qualified, but I think it's nice for him to get the services. It can't hurt, right?

Anyway, they evaluate everything, not just speech, including cognitive ability and motor skills. What I found highly amusing is that he was evaluated at the 15 month level for toileting skills because not only does he not show any interest in potty training, he will willingly sit in a dirty diaper without wanting to be changed. In fact, I reported to the woman evaluating him that he actually turns and runs when I suggest he needs a diaper change or when I come at him with wipes and diaper in hand.

I bring this up now because there is that oh-so-familiar stench wafting over to me from little stinky man.

What he doesn't realize is that his diaper days are numbered. My #1 goal this summer is POTTY TRAINING. I've been changing diapers for 5 1/2 years. I'm really ready to be done. I don't care what his stance is.

No comments: