Friday, November 28, 2008

What is up with this boy?

Xander is just an unpredictable little guy. First there was the bath strike. He screamed when I put him in; now he screams when I take him out. Today, it was child watch at the gym. For 9 or 10 months we suffered through separation anxiety. Only in the last few weeks has he not cried when I left the room. Today, he ran to one of the women there and held his arms out to be picked up. When I took him out of the room, he ran back to the door and tried to get back in.

I am very glad to see the end of the separation anxiety. He started daycare at the Y twice a week at the beginning of November. He cried a lot the first 2 days. He cried a little the second week. When I dropped him off this past Tuesday, not a sound. It's a lot easier to get work done without a constantly guilty conscience.

His latest skill is climbing up Jessica's bunkbed! He's been expressing interest in climbing the ladder the last few weeks, and I've been discouraging that interest. But over the weekend, he climbed up while I was in another room. Then, a little while later, he climbed down. What a monkey!

No comments: