Saturday, July 3, 2010

Splash & Meow

Xander has been changing a lot lately. For example, his attitude toward swimming and the beach. Remember, this is the kid that had a 9 month bath strike. When he was 20 months old, we went to the beach for a week. Which meant, I went to the beach once or twice and he screamed so much that I stayed in the house with him the rest of the time.

He's now a completely different kid. Hari took him and Jessica to a few nearby ponds and told me how much Xander now likes the beach. But it wasn't until earlier this week that I realized how much he likes it. We went to Indian Lake after camp. I put his bathing suit on and he started walking into the water. He didn't need any encouragement to go right in.

Gradually he went deeper and deeper (I wasn't wearing a bathing suit, so I hovered near the shore). When he got in up to his armpits, I told him that was far enough. I think he would have gone in deeper if I had let him. I'm looking forward to our next beach vacation in a few weeks.

* * *
Meow
One of Xander's favorite things to do recently is to pretend he's a cat. So I used this to my advantage this morning. His nails have gotten really long but he never lets me cut them. So I told him this morning, "Kitty, I'm going to trim your claws now." Worked like a charm.

No comments: