Sunday, April 4, 2010

Meap!

Xander's new favorite word is meap. I'm still trying to figure out what he means by it. The word "meep" was banned in a Massachusetts high school. It's also the name of character in Phineas and Ferb, which is where I adopted the spelling from.

He uses it when he's mad, so I'm starting to suspect it's some sort of preschooler curse word. Hopefully some day he will explain it to me.

* * *
We had a lot of rain last week. However, on Thursday, the sun came back out. On Friday evening, we went to the Y for Jessica's art class. Xander insisted on bringing and using his umbrella. Several people laughed when they saw him. Now, if he had been an adult, particularly an older one, carrying that umbrella in the middle of sunshine, people would have thought he was crazy. But being 3, everyone knew that that's just the type of thing a 3 year old does. No questions asked.

* * *
Xander loves to imitate other people. Most often it's Jessica. Last week, I hurt my back and was hobbling around. We were walking from the car to his school and I turned around and saw him hobbling in the same exact way I was hobbling.

No comments: